The Android operating system is constantly updated, and each update brings a different experience to the user. From Android 1.0 to Android 9.0, it has made major breakthroughs in vision, concept, and functionality. But the constant is that each generation of Android OS has a corresponding dessert code, Android 5.0 is Lollipop, Android 6.0 is Marshmallow, Android 7.0 is Nougat, Android 8.0 is Oreo, and Android 9.0 is Pie. So what are the features of Android Pie? How can we quickly get Android P update? Next, this article will give a detailed explanation and three ways to update the Android version.
Benefits of Android System Update (Android 9.0 Features):
- Adaptive battery and brightness
- Intelligent prediction & Intuitive navigation
- Multi-camera and Bluetooth connections support
- Convenient Do Not Disturb mode
- Daily view of the time spent on your phone
- Set time limits for the apps you use
- Features with High Dynamic Range (HDR) VP9 Profile 2
- New gesture control interface with no back button and multitasking button
Method 1. How to Upgrade Android Version with OTA Updates
Normally, you will get notifications from OTA (over-the-air) when the Android Pie update is available for you. From here, you can open it and tap the update action to upgrade the Android system to the latest version. However, if for whatever reason, it isn’t being rolled out to your phone or you accidentally cleared the notification, then you need to update Android version manually:
- Connect your Android phone to the Wi-Fi Network.
- Go to Settings > About device, then tap System Updates > Check for Updates > Update to download and install the latest Android version.
- Your phone will automatically reboot and upgrade to the new Android version when the installation completed.
Method 2. How to Update Android Version with Upgrade Package
Under ordinary conditions, the official website of mobile phone manufacturers will update some system files for users to download and upgrade. You can go to the download center of your Android phone’s official website, and then download the latest system upgrade package according to your phone’s brand model. After the download is completed, please store it in the phone’s SD card.
To update the Android OS version, you need to negative to Settings > About Phone > System Update, once your phone shows the available package, tap Continue to download and install the package. After rebooting, your phone will be updated to the Android 9.0 Pie automatically.
Method 3. How to Upgrade Android Version with Rooting Device
Rooting is an extremely powerful approach to update your Android system. If you need to upgrade to the latest Android OS version when it’s accessible, you could try to root your phone, which can not only enable you to attain super administrator permissions over various Android subsystems but also access updates effortlessly.
As for how to root the Android phone, just follow the detailed instructions:
- Download and install a root app on your computer.
- After running it, connect your phone to the computer via a USB cable.
- Root your phone by following the corresponding prompts.
- Reboot your phone to access the latest version of the Android operating system.